Benefits for Employers
Registered apprenticeship provides a wide array of benefits for employers, workers, and educational institutions. Because registered apprenticeship programs are created and owned by employers it's important to know the proven reasons for making this workforce development investment. Benefits include...
Benefits for Apprentices
- Opportunity to learn in-demand skills from experienced professionals
- Ability to earn industry-valued credentials and academic certificates or degrees debt-free
- Solid career pathway to supervisory, management and executive leadership positions
- Higher wages and increased earnings: apprentices earn $300,000 more over their lifetime than their non-apprentice peers and the average starting wage for apprenticeship graduates is $50,000/years
Benefits for Community & Technical Colleges
- Partnerships with local employers to put workers on an academic pathway at your college
- Ongoing input from leaders at local employers to validate and align curriculum and academic programs with industry needs
- Ability to distinguish your school by offering high-quality academic programs and pathways with embedded industry-valued credentials
- National recognition as part of the U.S. DOL Office of Apprenticeship Registered Apprenticeship College Consortium (RACC) Institutions
TransPORTs apprenticeship specialists are ready to help you create a sustainable registered apprenticeship workforce development program.